Keen To Join Mairangi Bay Surf Lifesaving Club?
Located on Auckland’s North Shore, Mairangi Bay Surf Lifesaving Club is an integral part of the community, providing essential lifeguarding services at several beaches and events as well as training programs for member development.
Registering with Mairangi Bay SLSC
Membership Registrations for the 2022/2023 Season are now open.
Please log into your account, using the same email you used the previous season, to be able to register as a member for the new season.
Please make sure that any email addresses used are actively monitored as this is where all the club correspondence will be sent to.
Once you have followed through all of the steps in the registration form, you will be given the option to add another membership, prior to paying.
If you are new to Surf Lifesaving and haven’t applied for a SLSNZ number yet, please click on this link to apply for your SLSNZ number.
|Member Type||Age as at 30th Sept 2022||Fee|
|Tadpoles||5 & 6 years||$120.00|
|Junior Member||7 - 13 year olds|
A Group: 7, 8 & 9 yrs
B Group: 10 & 11 yrs
C Group: 12 & 13 yrs olds
|Junior Parent (Manager/Water Safety/Coach/Surf Official ONLY)||Manager/Water Safety/Coach/Surf Official ONLY||$0.00|
|Senior Patrolling Member||14 + year olds|
For patrolling Members only
|Senior Competing Member||14 + year olds|
For those competing and/or training members only
Membership fees are capped at $300 for members in an immediate family, irrespective of registration types as long as all registrations are completed at the same time, under the same login
How to Register for the 2022/23 season:
- Go to the Membership Form here.
- Create a Login (or log into your current account) – make sure you use the same login as previous seasons otherwise multiple accounts for the same members will be created.
- Fill in the form for each family member, under one login – you will only be presented with the appropriate age group subscription for you or your child based on their date of birth. Age groups are determined by the age of the child as at 30th September 2022.
- Select to ‘add an additional subscription’ and add more members if required (the registration fee is capped at $300 per family group as long as they all register at the same time).
- Remember to register yourself as a Junior Parent (Manager/Water Safety/Coach/Surf Official ONLY) if you plan to help out. By registering yourself, you will be covered by our insurance if anything were to happen on the beach when helping out. Add an additional parent if they might help out from time to time too.
- Click through and make the payment.
SENIOR MEMBERS: For senior members (over 14 years old) who haven’t qualified yet, please join our Surf Lifeguard Award Course Facebook Group, so that you can be kept informed of upcoming courses.
JUNIOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Our Junior Sunday Club program cannot run without volunteers. Parents are required to stay at the beach and assist on the day. It is not a drop and go activity. Parents/guardians are also expected to take their turn helping out so that we can meet our health and safety requirements.
Member assistance Fund: If you are a family or individual who may be struggling financially due to the extra challenges 2020 and 2021 has brought, you can make an application here to defer or make instalments of your fees or to receive partial or full funding towards these.
All applications will be treated confidentially.
New to Surf Lifesaving?
In order to join a surf lifesaving club, you need to have a Surf Lifesaving Number. This is a once off application and the number stays with you for life.
Click here to register with Surf Lifesaving New Zealand, in order to get your SLSNZ number.
Already a clubbie but want to transfer to Mairangi Bay SLSC or become a Secondary Member?
Click here to log into the SLSNZ portal, and select ‘Member Lounge’ then ‘Membership Desk’. You will then be presented with the option to request a transfer or Secondary Membership.
Then follow the above instructions to register with Mairangi Bay SLSC.